- Set of two placemats made from hand-spun natural cotton yarn and handwoven in a traditional loom, preserving a 500-year old tradition in South India.
- Each piece is also hand-fringed and cut to perfection.
- The traditional designs have been adapted in a soft contemporary palette sure to make these a staple on any table.
- A perfect adornment for a festive tabletop
- Pre-washed and gets softer with every wash
- 100% hand-loomed cotton
- 14 inches x 20 inches
- Set of 2 placemats
- Placemats come in color options of gold/white or blue/gray
Background on the Malabar Hand-loom Technique:
Hand-loomed cotton from the southwestern "Malabar" region of India is renowned for its rich texture and high absorption capacity. It is commonly used to make towels and airy apparel. This is also the lowest energy textile made by Bloom & Give, as no electricity is used in the entire process. Yarn is hand-spun, then hand-dyed and line-dried, and eventually hand-loomed.
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
1. Processing: Order verification, quality check and packaging. Processing is usually completed within 24 hours. You will receive tracking information as soon as your order is processed.
2. Shipping: Our items are shipped from Florida with USPS for orders for the US and Canada. At check-out, you can choose the shipping method that best suits your needs, including Priority 2-Day Mail, First-Class Package, and Ground Shipping. Shipping price is individually calculated depending on weight, distance, and method of shipping chosen. International orders are shipped with UPS and DHL.