- This tea towel is made in Ghana of heavy weight linen with a slub detail in weave. Each towel is hand batik painted with wax, and then hand dyed Mr. Edmunson, a local craftsman in Winneba, and then sewn in Brooklyn. Every piece comes with a beautiful hang tag, with a description of Rustic Loom's process.
- Rustic Loom designed this pattern in their Brooklyn studio and worked with the batik artisan via Skype to produce the fabric. The pattern is inspired by the pebbles and water in nature, and made of layers of batik wax printing and dyeing.
- Batik is a laborious process which entails several steps of block printing with wax and dyeing to get layered colors and shades. At the end of this process the wax is removed by boiling the fabric to reveal the beautiful pattern.
- Heavyweight 100% linen tea towel
- Fair Trade - African Made in Ghana
- Measures 20" x 28" square (approx)
- Maize yellow with natural white dots
- Machine wash cold. Tumble or line dry.
- One tea towel
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
1. Processing: Order verification, quality check and packaging. Processing is usually completed within 24 hours. You will receive tracking information as soon as your order is processed.
2. Shipping: Our items are shipped from Florida with USPS for orders for the US and Canada. At check-out, you can choose the shipping method that best suits your needs, including Priority 2-Day Mail, First-Class Package, and Ground Shipping. Shipping price is individually calculated depending on weight, distance, and method of shipping chosen. International orders are shipped with UPS and DHL.