- Wolof women in rural Senegal craft useful baskets from cattail stalks and long strips of plastic salvaged from the production of plastic mats.
- Traditionally, such baskets were used to winnow grain and store food and other articles in the home, but modern synthetic materials update the baskets beautifully.
- Sold as a nesting set of two baskets. Because this is a handcrafted item, each may vary slightly.
- Made in Senegal by Swahili Imports
- Fair trade and handmade
- Size: [Small] 17"D x 10"T [Large] 19"D x 13"T
- Materials: Typha (cattail) stalks and recycled plastic
- Set of 2 baskets
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
1. Processing: Order verification, quality check and packaging. Processing is usually completed within 24 hours. You will receive tracking information as soon as your order is processed.
2. Shipping: Our items are shipped from Florida with USPS for orders for the US and Canada. At check-out, you can choose the shipping method that best suits your needs, including Priority 2-Day Mail, First-Class Package, and Ground Shipping. Shipping price is individually calculated depending on weight, distance, and method of shipping chosen. International orders are shipped with UPS and DHL.