- Wolof women in Senegal innovate traditional coil weaving methods by enlivening natural grass baskets with strips of plastic salvaged from a mat factory.
- Cattails grow abundantly in rural Senegal, so women can earn a sustainable income from basket weaving while enriching homes around the world with modern African craftsmanship.
- This classic-style laundry hamper storage basket features an overlapping lid and cutout handles.
- Sold singly
- Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
- Handmade in Senegal by Swahili African Modern
- Size: 14"D x 19"T
- Materials: Typha (cattail) stalks, recycled plastic strips