- Wolof women in the West African nation of Senegal update traditional coil weaving methods by enlivening natural grass baskets with colorful strips of plastic salvaged from a mat factory.
- Cattails grow abundantly in rural Senegal, so women can earn a sustainable income from basket weaving while enriching homes around the world with modern African craftsmanship.
- These amply sized laundry hamper storage baskets feature braided plastic handles and a snug-fitting removable lid.
- Sold singly.
- Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
- Handmade in Senegal by Swahili African Modern
- Size: 16"D x 26-28"T
- Materials: Natural Typha (cattail) stalks, recycled plastic strips