- Wolof women in the West African nation of Senegal update traditional coil weaving methods by enlivening natural grass baskets with colorful strips of plastic salvaged from a mat factory.
- Cattails grow abundantly in rural Senegal, so women can earn a sustainable income from basket weaving while enriching homes around the world with modern African craftsmanship.
- These amply sized laundry hamper storage baskets feature braided plastic handles and a snug-fitting removable lid.
- Sold singly.
- Because this is a handcrafted item, each will vary slightly.
- Made in Senegal by Swahili African Modern
- Size: 16"D x 26-28"T
- Materials: Natural Typha (cattail) stalks, recycled plastic
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
1. Processing: Order verification, quality check and packaging. Processing is usually completed within 24 hours. You will receive tracking information as soon as your order is processed.
2. Shipping: Our items are shipped from Florida with USPS for orders for the US and Canada. At check-out, you can choose the shipping method that best suits your needs, including Priority 2-Day Mail, First-Class Package, and Ground Shipping. Shipping price is individually calculated depending on weight, distance, and method of shipping chosen. International orders are shipped with UPS and DHL.